Michelle is the CEO and co-founder of First Code Academy (www.firstcodeacademy.com), a K12 STEM education startup that teaches coding to kids from 6 years and above with hands on workshops, camps and regular programs.
Prior to starting First Code, she graduated from the inaugural class of Hackbright Academy, and held various technical roles in high growth startups in Silicon Valley, including as the first growth hacker at Buffer and Bump Technologies (acquired by Google in 2013). Born and raised in Hong Kong, she graduated from University of Chicago and began her career at Goldman Sachs as an equity analyst.
In addition to running First Code, Michelle is an instructor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the Master Trainers Program in Educational Mobile Computing.
She also founded Women Who Code (Hong Kong chapter), a community for women in technology. In her free time, she loves to do endurance training, train for triathlon, reading and traveling.
CREDENTIALS AND AWARDS
- MIT Masters Trainers in AppInventor (2016)
- Forbes 30 Under 30 in Asia (2016)
- BBC 30 Under 30 Women Entrepreneurs (2015)
- Women of Hope Award (Entrepreneur Category 2015)
- American Chambers Women of Influence Awards (Young Entrepreneur Category 2015)